Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in learning more about franchising opportunities with Owl Be There?
Learn About Becoming a Franchise Owner.
Learn About Becoming a Franchise Owner.
With a franchise business, you can “be in business for yourself, not by yourself.”
A franchise provides you with the opportunity to own your own business, yet also provides comprehensive training, support, and a proven business model. This eliminates many of the risks an independent business owner would encounter.
Additional benefits of buying a franchise include brand recognition, better buying power, proprietary technology systems and tools, plus access to a network of other owners, resources, and industry experts.
The senior housing and care industry is a growth industry like no other.
Here are some senior care industry statistics and facts:
- The growth rate of the 65-and-over population will continue to be three times greater than that of the total population growth rate through 2030. (Source: US Census Bureau)
- Forty million baby boomers will join the “senior” ranks by 2030, growing the segment to 74 million. (Source: US Census Bureau)
- The US assisted living facility market size was $87.4 billion in 2021 and is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 5.5% through the next decade. (Source: Grand View Research)
In addition to population growth, changing family dynamics are also contributing to the need for senior care resources:
- Dual-career families of today have limited ability to take in and care for senior family members.
- More and more children move away from home for careers or for other reasons, making family caregiving less feasible and assisted living more necessary.
Owl Be There provides an essential, compassionate service to seniors and their loved ones, the demand for which continues to grow despite economic uncertainty or pandemic-related shutdowns!
In short, the senior living and care industry is recession resistant, as seniors continue to age and need care. And Owl Be There will “be there” to connect seniors to the care and housing they need.
Most senior care franchises operate businesses that hire caregivers to provide in-home senior care. Owl Be There is a senior living referral - or senior placement - business. Franchise owners help seniors and their loved ones navigate through some of the most challenging and stressful times of their lives. They provide essential guidance for choosing the best housing and care solutions based on medical needs, budget, and preferences.
Owl Be There has built a reputation for providing exceptional end-to-end “Wise Care Guidance” to seniors and their loved ones. Owl Be There is so much more than a simple online algorithm or quick-referral-based-on-zip-code type of service.
We pride ourselves with having a “White-Glove” reputation. Our referral partners value our expertise and highly customized “concierge” approach to senior care placement. They trust Owl Be There with their most vulnerable and high-needs senior clients.
Owl Be There training and coaching for new franchise owners places a high emphasis on providing this superior level of service, solidifying the value and reputation of each local Owl Be There business and the franchise system as a whole.
Our mission is to improve the lives of seniors by empowering them to make wise, informed choices around senior living and care. Our services are always free to seniors and their families. We are paid by our network of senior living and care providers. Our name is our commitment to the seniors and families we serve: Owl Be There!
Owl Be There franchise owners enjoy…
- Low initial investment and low ongoing overhead as a home-based business
- An essential service business and steady demand in their local market despite economic and pandemic uncertainty
- A compassionate, personally satisfying mission
- Generous territory sizes to support continued earnings growth
- Unmatched training and ongoing support from Owl Be There experts
- Recognition and respect as trusted senior living experts in their communities
- Owl Be There’s proprietary learning management and customer management systems and state-of-the-art marketing campaign management services
Owl Be There territories are available in all states except Alaska, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Our standard territory size has a minimum of 400,000 in population.
Owl Be There is innovative and unique. Our approach is a game changer in the senior advisory and placement industry. We want business owners who dare to lead the conversation. We seek entrepreneurial-minded individuals who want to positively improve the lives of their clients, their staff, and themselves.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you an assertive individual that is ready to take charge of your own business?
- Do you exhibit high moral and ethical standards?
- Are you compassionate and empathetic towards elderly individuals?
- Are you a calming force during times of anxiety?
- Are you a leader with a strong desire to help seniors and their loved ones through stressful times?
- Would you like to be the go-to expert on senior living options in your community?
- Do you have the financial resources to start and grow your low-cost business?
If this sounds like you, then you may be an ideal Owl Be There franchise candidate! Take our short quiz and find out.
No, you do not. Up to 80% of franchise owners in senior-focused industries have no previous related experience. This is truly an opportunity to leverage WHO you are and WHAT you want to do – instead of what you did before. It is an important distinction as you consider whether this industry is a place to call home.
New franchise owners will be trained by the best – the Owl Be There executive team!
The team has deep senior care and senior living industry knowledge and decades of expertise in:
- Senior advising and placement
- Local marketing strategy
- Business coaching
- Home care and assisted living operations
- Long-term care insurance and care payment strategies
- Sales process and training
Owl Be There uses a variety of techniques including “on-the-job” style training and a mentoring approach that builds exposure, experience, and ultimately confidence as you learn your new business. New Owl Be There franchise owners are never without readily available support and guidance, and we are firmly committed to your success.
Franchise candidates must complete the following steps to become an Owl Be There franchise owner:
- Make an initial inquiry
- Complete an application and qualification questionnaire
- Learn about our training program and support team
- Review the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD)
- Interview with the executive team
- Proposed territory review
- Attend a Discovery Day presentation
- Get approved!
Starting an Owl Be There business is relatively quick compared to many other franchise businesses. The time from inquiry to opening can be as short as 8-10 weeks!
To qualify, individuals should have a minimum of $70,000 in liquid assets and a minimum net worth of $150,000.
We are a home-based business with low overhead and a quick start-up! Our current total initial investment for a single territory is $84,300 - $96,500 which includes the initial franchise fee and the first 3 months of business expenses. The actual cost will depend on your geographic area and other factors. A more detailed list of estimated expenses can be found in Item 7 of our current FDD.
The current franchise fee is $54,400.
The current royalty fees are 6% - 8% of total gross sales depending on tenure (e.g., you will pay 6% of total gross sales during your first two years, 7% in your next two years, etc.).
This graduated royalty schedule gives you more opportunity to invest in growing your business in the early years. Please see our current Franchise Disclosure Document for additional details.
We do not provide funding through Owl Be There, however, we will be happy to introduce you to our preferred lending partners upon request.
The standard term of the franchise agreement is 10 years.
Owl Be There is excited to be expanding our footprint across the U.S.! If you are not in a state currently marked "Available", reach out to our team to find out if your state will be available soon. It's never too early to express your interest in a territory so we can keep you in the loop - and keep you top of mind!